Checklist for your appointment
The Flevoziekenhuis does everything it can to make your treatment and stay as pleasant as possible.
What do you need to bring to an appointment?
- ID: For every appointment in the hospital you are required to bring a valid ID with you (passport, drivers license, ID card). This also applies to all children of all ages.
- Refferal: For your first appointment bring your refferal letter from your family practitioner or specialist.
- Change of personal information: Please let us know any changes in your personal information right away. You can do this at the location of your appointment.
- Overview of medication you are using. Always bring an overview of the medication that you are now using. You can also give the Flevoziekenhuis permission to access your medication records. You can do this through the following website volgjezorg.nl or at your pharmacy.
- Healthcare insurance: Do you have healthcare insurance? For more information you can visit the following website: government.nl.
- Hospital bacteria: Please let us know immediately if you are possibly carrying a hospital bacteria, such as MRSA, MRSE, VRE, VRSA, VISA.
Checklist for admission
If you are to be admitted to the hospital, then you will need to prepare several things beforehand.
- Healthcare insurance: You must be insured for the costs of the operation;
- Overview of medication you are using. Always bring an overview of the medication that you are now using. You can also give the Flevoziekenhuis permission to access your medication records. You can so this through the following website volgjezorg.nl or at your pharmacy.
- Sober: You cannot eat or drink prior to the operation;
- Proper physical hygiene: Have a shower at home on the day of the operation and do not apply lotions or make-up. Also do not wear jewelry or piercings;
- Transportation back home: Please arrange this prior to your operation.
What do you take with you when you are to be admitted?
- Your own medication for the first 24 hours
- Books or magazines
- Toiletries and clothing
- Will directive and donor codicil
- Telephone number of contact person
- Things you made use at home such as crutches, a walking stick or a walker.
Preparation for your appointment
You can prepare for your appointment with your doctor at home. Check out 3 good questions before you have your doctor’s appointment.